Sought position: Executive sous chef in charge of french cuisine Ref ID: n°36584 Town: Hanoi Country : Vietnam Contract type: Fixed term contract (Replacement) Duration: 2 years Contract start date : 10/5/2018 Salary: according to your experience Experience: experienced Job status: Manager Job category: Kitchen Accomodation: Accommodations offered outside of the hotel. Online since 2018/04/27 This job position is still available for the week of 2018-05-21
Executive sous chef in charge of french cuisine (M/F)
- Oversee and direct all aspects of Le Beaulieu Kitchen operation, La Terrasse du Metropole, Room Service, Banquets, Club Bar and assist other kitchens to run their section efficiently
- Be responsible for the preparation of menus in your respective outlets under the direct supervision of the Executive Chef.
- Assist or execute inspections of physical aspect of the food preparation areas.
- Control and analyze on an on-going basis the local requirements, market needs, competition, trends, potential costs, availability of food products.
- Inspect perishable food items received for quality control, when requested by Executive Chef
- Interact with individuals outside the hotel including but not limited to, clients, suppliers, government officials, competitors and other members of the local community, when requested to do by Executive Chef
- Develop formal training plans and conduct on the job training sessions for kitchen employees.
- Coordinate functions and activities with other Food & Beverage Departments
- Report directly to the Executive Chef
- Level of Education: Bachelor / License
- Areas of study: Culinary school
- Professional experiences: 5 years similar experience in a 5 star Upscale or Luxury setting
•French culinary background mandatory •Experience in Michelin restaurant is a plus •Asian experience in a major city centre hotel is a plus •Single package- Languages essential: English
The Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi is the market leader within the luxury hotel sector in Vietnam and a favorite amongst the discerning travelers from around the world. This historical landmark hotel is considered as one of the best hotels in the region with regular worldwide and domestic recognition.
The hotel features 364 rooms and suites. Featuring 8 outlets, and showcasing luxury French dining and authentic Vietnamese cuisine, along with 3 bars and Room Service, the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi is at the center of the culinary movement occurring in Vietnam’s capital city.
2018 will also mark the renovation of a new outlet, transforming the space into an all new concept – Hanoi’s premier Posh Bar and Whiskey Lounge.
Luxury Hospitality Career post job offers in ultra-luxury and luxury hotels and gourmet restaurants worldwide and provide a complete toolbox to follow the applications: job alerts, application notebook, job notebook, files, newsletter... to guide you, whether you are actively seeking a new job or just on standby.